In early July, 2003 the members of the NYPD Emerald Society Pipes & Drums went into the recording studio for the 3rd time.
Two weeks of 14 hour recording days paid off with one of the “finest” collections of bagpipe music one would ever ask for. “Out Of The Blue” contains some old classics in keeping with the Band’s tradition of passing on Irish culture through music, as well as some more modern, fast paced tunes.
A special track on the CD, “Inspectors Funeral”, will pull at your heart strings as you listen to the solemn audio of the funeral for a fallen NYPD hero.
- Cullen Bay
- O’Donnell Abu / Wrap the Green Flag / A Nation Once Again
- Bumpy Road / Itchy Fingers
- The Isle of Innisfree
- The Boys from County Cork / Shenandoah / I’ll Tell Me Ma…
- The Minstrel Boy / The Wearin’ of the Green / Sean South from Garryowen /Let Erin Remember
- The Kokobola Lounge
- America / The Caissons Go Rolling Along / The U.S. Air Force Song /Semper Paratus (U.S. Coast Guard) / Anchors Aweigh / The Marine Corps Hymn
- An Inspectors Funeral
- When Irish Eyes Are Smiling / The Rakes of Mallow
- Michael Mahoney’s Welcome / Merrily Danced the Quaker’s Wife / The Dirty Lough / Donald Ross of Vancouver / Sporting Jamie / The Country Girl And The Hungarian Fiddler
- Saxon Schilling / the Banjo Breakdown
- Outward Bound / The Glasgow City Police Pipers
- Steal Away (Phil Coulter)
- A Hundred Pipers
Or You can buy it right here